Avatar universal

Chicago Doctor?

Hello, I am a 38 yr old male recently diagnosed with Fibro and I am looking for a Dr in Chicago that understands the condition.
3 Responses
1530171 tn?1448129593
I would look for an integrated practitioner who combines
conventional and alternative protocols.
Perhaps by visiting the Whole Health Chicago website, you might get a better idea of what this entails.
Conventional medicine alone does not provide satisfactory treatment options beyond pharmacological approaches for symptom relief.
You may also search here under IWILLDOTHIS, an older relevant thread I started here a while back.
Best wishes,
12099710 tn?1423423420
Start by asking your primary care doctor. They are in the best position to speak with you about your options given your particular symptoms and make a referral to a rheumatologist, neurologist, pain specialist or other condition.

The American College of Rheumatology or American Academy of Neurology could be helpful. Some local chapters of the Arthritis Foundation provide physician referral lists for FM in the US.

You might also look at what the major university medical centers like Rush offer and contact them to see what they suggest.
Avatar universal
Try the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Fibromyalgia Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.