Fibromyalgia Community

Chicago Doctor?

Hello, I am a 38 yr old male recently diagnosed with Fibro and I am looking for a Dr in Chicago that understands the condition.
I would look for an integrated practitioner who combines
conventional and alternative protocols.
Perhaps by visiting the Whole Health Chicago website, you might get a better idea of what this entails.
Conventional medicine alone does not provide satisfactory treatment options beyond pharmacological approaches for symptom relief.
You may also search here under IWILLDOTHIS, an older relevant thread I started here a while back.
Best wishes,
Niko
Start by asking your primary care doctor. They are in the best position to speak with you about your options given your particular symptoms and make a referral to a rheumatologist, neurologist, pain specialist or other condition.

The American College of Rheumatology or American Academy of Neurology could be helpful. Some local chapters of the Arthritis Foundation provide physician referral lists for FM in the US.

You might also look at what the major university medical centers like Rush offer and contact them to see what they suggest.
Try the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.