Hello! I do not know a lot of FMS. A new doc was trying to dx me with it today but I don't want that dx. What made me respond to you was the use of the Lipitor. My sister was also put on that a few years ago for her cholesterol. After a period of time, she started having extreme muscle pain and spasms. I believe it was taking place in her arms and legs. She finally started to do some research on Lipitor and immediately stopped taking it. With everything that has been discovered about that drug......I'm surprised it is still being used and on the market. It breaks down muscle tissue and sometimes the damage is not reversable. My sister went to see a local lady at our health food store. She put her on a regimine of Vit C (for inflammation), Flaxseed and something else. When my sister went back to her doc, they retested her cholesterol. They were very pleased with the results and how well the Lipitor was working. She then told them, she was not taking it and she was doing natural things. She told them what the Lipitor had caused and they did not want to talk anymore about it. That is what you call an ignorant doctor, which there are many. To this day......she still has some muscle pain due to the consumption of the Lipitor at one time. She was told, this would take a long time to change and it may never heal completely. I hope this helped. Research that drug a little and see what you find. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. If this was my reason for the pain it would be quite strange as I only took it for about 2-4 weeks. I do wonder though if it is from the Lipitor anyways. I really have no one to ask as my doctor is being so obnoxious at this time. Besides, if you say it is irreversible I guess there would be nothing that I can do about it. After I move to BC
I'm considering seeing a naturopath. Maybe there will be some answers for me there.
Hello! I have been doing a lot of research to find answers for myself and my pain. I have DDD, bulging disc, pars defect and spondy in my back. But, in 2005 my foot started hurting for no reason and never got better. After cortisone shots in my foot, physical therapy and wearing a foot brace....they finally did an MRI and found I had a torn pereanol tendon with subluxation last summer. I had surgery to fix it and am still having issues with it and the healing process. After 8 months of walking funny to counteract the pain.....my back started hurting. This also progressed over time. I had 2 1/2 yrs of cortisone injections in my back, physical therapy and many trips to all different doctors due to me refusing to get a spine fusion. I believe one has created the other and each issue has been feeding off of the other. So, after 5 years of pain in my foot and back, I feel the my body has remained tense and full of tension this whole time. After 5 years of your muscles and tendons being contracted and tense to protect what is hurting.....one would start to have symptoms of Fibro. I have never really believed I had Fibro and honestly, I didn't believe in the dx. I have worked in the medical field for the past 20 years and I currently work for a pain management practice. How ironic! But, still no relief or answers. I have been to every type of Dr (including Chiropractor, Tai massage, Deep tissue massage and a Holistic Dr recently), I have taken a wide range of meds, been to 3 different physical therapy places.....with no relief or answers to "fix" me.
I will share with you everything I have researched and something might work or not. A lot of it is just good information. I am not sure what a naturopath is but I am going to guess it is similar to a holistic Dr or at least, the approach is the same. I am tired of all these toxic meds. I have felt, they can't be doing my body any good.
1. Research Apple Cider Vinegar....."Pectin in the apples is a fiber, which attaches itself to cholesterol globules, and when combined with the herb centella aids in getting rid of bad cholesterol and helps in regulating blood pressure. The potassium present in apple cider vinegar is vital because it helps to remove the excess water and also the toxic waste. The excess of sodium is also drawn out and it helps to regulate blood pressure. The malic acid and acetic acid present help to combat fungal and bacterial infections and relieves painful joints. The malic acid dissolves the deposits of uric acid, which form around the joints, and slowly pushes the acid deposits out of the body. The amino acids present in apple cider vinegar act as an antibiotic and an antiseptic. It has been known to drastically reduce the toxicity in the body. It reduces stress and tension and revitalizes the body. Apple cider vinegar speeds up metabolism especially when taken regularly before meals and if used in conjunction with a sensible diet and exercise program it can be a powerful aid in keeping your weight under control. Apple cider vinegar has less salt, less sugar and less fat, helps in digestion and helps in the metabolism of food. If the metabolic activity increases, then more food is used to get energy and less of it is stored as fat. So if you want to lose weight, use apple cider vinegar".......... This is what I found regarding apples, apple cider vinegar, and malic acid. The lady who gave me a deep tissue massage yesterday, informed me of this. I need to figure out how to take apple cider vinegar because I won't drink it. Lol! I need to buy some malic acid. They recommended 600 mg of malic acid one - three times a day before food and 140 mg magnesium twice a day.
2. Malic acid also helps to breakdown Latic acid. Latic acid carries all the bad toxins through your body. During my massage yesterday, she told me this would get all the latic acid moving and I needed to drink plenty of water and fluids over the weekend to flush out all those toxins. I am going to research latic acid some more.
3. Malic acid is a metal chelator. It binds to toxic metals (aluminium or lead) and helps break them down. A person can have a heavy metal overload in there body. "Some of the metals which cause symptoms are mercury, chlorine, iron, aluminum, arsenic, copper, lead, cadmium and nickel. Surprisingly, heavy metal toxicity isn't uncommon. Toxic metals tend to cause havoc to the nervous system." I have been told, a lot of the medications we take have metals in them. I need to still research that.
4. Magnesium is good for inflammation. She suggested to soak in a tub of warm water and 2 cups of Epson salt. Epson salt is magnesium. I also went to see a lady who works at our local Health Food Store and they immediately gave me paperwork on Magnesium Deficiancy when I told them everything going on with me and my symptoms.
5. Stress causes pain. Inflammtion causes pain.
6. Do you have a "Pain Prone Personality"? Research that. It described me.
7. Distress and stress over a long period of time, can lead to Fibromyalgia.
8. Your digestive system is the center control for your whole body. Over a period of time as we eat things that are full of preservatives, amino acids and many other things....it will break down the good bacteria in our digestive system. Eventually, those bad things, along with Gluten, Sugars, etc.... will get to the inflammatory receptors in our body and attack them. This holistic Dr is doing a stool and saliva test on me to see where my digestive system is at. It will show if any pesticites are present, test the yeast, and test the good bacteria. The saliva will test the thyroid.
9. Breathing is also an important function. Along with water consumption for your muscles and joints.
10. D-Ribose is for muscle engery. It is known to help a lot with Fibro patients. This holistic Dr just started me on it. I bought the chocolate chewable tablets off the internet and started 2 days ago. You are to take it 3 times a day for 6 weeks and then back off to adjust it. There are many different brands of this product but I had ordered the medical grade brand that my doctor uses and sells. I found it much cheaper on the internet.
11. Cortisone injections, over a long period of time and often, can result in muscle, tendon and connective tissue damage. So, of course, that will increase the pain. I have had 2 1/2 yrs of injections and was getting them every other month. Not good!!!
12. Cortisone injections, over a long period of time, can result in hormone imbalance. This has happened to me and I am currently working on getting my Adrenal Gland jump-started by my Dr. I have to take 6,000 IUs of Vit D 3 a day.
These are just a few things I have found so far. Some may help you and some won't. Some you might want to do your own research. If you have any quesitons or you find anything different, please share with me. My goal is to be pain free (ha,ha) and off all of these crazy meds.