Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members

Cymbalta

Has anyone tried Cymbalta for their Fibromyalgia?  I have recently been put on this by my Rheumatologist.  It seemed to help at first, but now I really don't feel it is helping.  He has also suggested Lyrica, which I am trying to avoid because of the weight gain I have heard goes along with it.   He has also suggested I try Enbrel because I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis. The fibromyalgia is a result of the arthritis and they just enable each other.  I need some relief!!  Any suggestions before I go back to him tomorow?  Also, does anyone have severe foot pain?  Thanks!    ~Amy
1 Responses
I was on Cymbalta for awhile, but it didn't work for me either. I am presently on Lyrica. I take 150mg a day. Yes it can cause weight gain, however if you eat right and exercise, you should be fine. Lyrica has been a  big help for me and you should try it even if it is only on a trial basis.

Good Luck

Barb
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.