Fibromyalgia Community

Cymbalta

Has anyone tried Cymbalta for their Fibromyalgia?  I have recently been put on this by my Rheumatologist.  It seemed to help at first, but now I really don't feel it is helping.  He has also suggested Lyrica, which I am trying to avoid because of the weight gain I have heard goes along with it.   He has also suggested I try Enbrel because I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis. The fibromyalgia is a result of the arthritis and they just enable each other.  I need some relief!!  Any suggestions before I go back to him tomorow?  Also, does anyone have severe foot pain?  Thanks!    ~Amy
I was on Cymbalta for awhile, but it didn't work for me either. I am presently on Lyrica. I take 150mg a day. Yes it can cause weight gain, however if you eat right and exercise, you should be fine. Lyrica has been a  big help for me and you should try it even if it is only on a trial basis.

Good Luck

Barb
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.