Fibromyalgia Community

Does anyone with Fibro have hyperacusis or tinnitus?

I have Fibromyalgia and have hyperacusis and tinnitus in both ears. I heard that both can be symptoms of Fibro and I wondered if anyone has gotten these with their Fibro?
Precious,

I am not dx'd as of yet, but have been worked up for MS and being worked up for Lyme currently. However, I have both conditions.
I have FM symptoms, but not been given dx, per se.  The tinnitus is 24/7,  but the hyperacusis occurs sporadically when I'm feeling a dizzy headache feeling.
My ears ring all the time, however sometimes it's much louder. I don't know for sure if it is from the FMS but I tend to think it may be.
Caroline,

I also have pulsatile tinnitus. This is more of a whooshing sound or a sound of my heartbeat. Because of my lack of a dx, I don't know what it is.
Is the pulsing the same frequency as your heart beat? Mine is ~ 3x faster than my heart beat, it is the same frequency as my visual snow (~ 200 bpm).

When my hyperacusis is at its worst, my own voice hurts my ears, and of course, sharp noises -- like a fork hitting a plate -- are painful.
I have fibro and tinnitus.  The ringing is 24/7 and is much worse in my left ear.  I was dx'd with fibro years before the tinnitus developed.

I'd never heard of hyperacusis....however certain noises (piano symphany music for example) makes me very anxious as does static on the radio.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.