Fibromyalgia Community

Feeling cold yet sweating profusely

I been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia x 1 year.  I take Cymbalta, the lyrica did not work for me.  I have also have restless leg syndrome, and Diabetes type II; recently I have been having the feeling that I am very cold; yet I am sweating profusely.  I feel like I have a severe case of the flu (as is common with Fibromyalgia).  My doctor says perhaps I am going "through the change."  I had a hysterectomy @ 20 years ago and I know what flushes are and this is not flushes.  So far, this time the cold, clammy, sweating has lasted for three days.  I cannot get comfortable and sleep is not happening.  I am so fatigued I cannot walk across the room.  Could this be something other than Fibromyalgia?
It could be the Fibromyalgia.  Fibro causes problems with your hypothalamus gland which controls your body temperature, sleep and a range of other things. I have had the symptoms you are describing.  Your body could also be trying to fight an infection, so I would check your temp. when these symptoms occur for fever. Your symptoms don't sound hormone-related to me, although hormone problems make Fibromyalgia symptoms worse. Also make sure it's not an adverse reaction to Cymbalta or something with your Diabetes.

Warm Regards,

Ree4tu
Response from Prof. Nicolson:  Temperature regulation problems, thyroid gland disorders (often thyroiditis), that cause cold sweats and profuse sweating at night (so called night sweats) are often signs of a chronic infection(s).  This is one of the most common signs/symptoms found in CFS patients who are infected with chronic cell wall deficient bacteria (Mycoplasma, Chlamydia, Borrelia, etc.) and viruses (HHV6, CMV, etc.).  In our experience effective anti-microbial treatment will reduce or even eliminate such problems but treatment is long-term.  Short term treatments usually offered patients do little to dent these chronic infections.
I did not have cold sweats, but with my fibro i am more sensitive to the cold weather and always seem to feel cold. I just cant get warm enough. I have had my thyroid checked several times, and it seems to come back normal. But my doctor told me that being sensitive to the cold, or being cold a lot is a sign of fibro.
Mine is sweating when I should be cold It's 23 Degrees and I can't Stop sweating so bad..   I looks like I just got out of the shower.
I hjaven't been officially diagnosed with fibro- but it has been suggested- that and chronic fatigue- but i do suffr from Chrohn's which has similar symptoms- so it's hard to know if i have fibro or not- i don't have any of the trigger or tender points- so i have my doubt- I have said for 30 years now that my 'temperature regulation valve is broken'. I'll be sweating one minute, and freezing the next- but I'm not running a fever- When i get run down, which doesn't take much at all- I'll sweat more- and it's a cold clammy sweating- stressful situations seem to make it worse-  These symptoms can go along with anxiety- but i tend to think there is something not working right in the body's systems to cause us to be both heat and cold intolerant- there is no 'perfect temperature' for me- I'm either too cold, or too hot- and suffer terrible night sweats to boot- but not constantly- it comes and goes- I'll go to be freezing cold- can't get warm- feet ice cold- hands too- then wake up around 4 am and be soaked head to foot- literally- sweating all over-  it's miserable-
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.