Fibromyalgia Community

Fibro Symptoms?

Hi everyone

Do these symptoms sound like fibro?

I had slight tingling in both feet for a couple of months along with some vibration. At the same time I had muscle twitches (like pop corn popping) with no pain. Before this I had chest pain and feeling like my heart was skipping beats. I went to the doctor and had an EKG. He said my heart looked fine from those results. He took blood and I have no thyriod issues or diabetes (although my mom has hypothryiod issues and a suspicion of fibro). I'm on birth control for endometriosis (been on them for 5 months). During the tingling I also had wierd random pain. I started taking b12 vitamins and noticed the tingling getting better (but this can be in my head..haha).

I also developed seeing halos and starbursts around lights at night..especially when driving. I went to an opthamologist and he said my eyes looked perfect. I still see the starburts but I try not to worry about them. Before all of this I experienced my first panic attack (trouble breathing, etc) and since then I have been worried about my health. Anxiety issues run in my family from both sides. At his point I'm feeling better (the tingling comes and goes along with random twitches). I have had no weakness or fatigue.

Does this sound like anxiety or something else? Would birth control cause some of these symptoms.
Thanks in advance.
I would advise you to get tested for Lyme disease.  It can manifest itself early with those tingling, vibration type symptoms.  Also side effects of some medications can do that as well.  If you take anything, for anxiety stuff, check that out.

Don't stress over it and don't read too much into the internet, it can drive you nuts!!
Thanks for the info. I've never noticed a tic bite and I live in California. Is it possible to have lyme without a bite?
Lyme isn't prevelant (low risk) in California.  It's possible to not notice the tick itself, but you most likely would have noticed a strange circular rash or a difference in your skin coloring where the bite would have occurred.

As Dave point out, medications can also cause some of the symptoms you have as a side-effect.  If you are having the 'starburst' effect without pain and your check-up went well, it could be a feature of the aging process.  Many people begin to get what they call 'floaters' in their vision.  Most times these events aren't serious.  It does sound as if you could have fibro. and it may be a good idea to follow-up with a rheumatologist or neurologist to get a proper dx.

I hope you feel better soon.  Please keep us updated.
I have not noticed any rash, etc so I kind of doubt its Lyme. The only medication I am on is birth control...about 5 months ago I had emergency surgery for an ovarian cyst that ruptured. I was on a couple anti-biotics after the surgery. Those are the only pills I can think of that I've taken in a long time.

As for the starbursts...its a mystery. I've had it for at least 3 months and its not getting better or worse. Im only 22 so hopefully its not an age related problem..haha. I wear glasses and the starbursts occur with and without the glasses. Its strange.

Anyways thanks for the reply.
You're quite welcome.  Here is another forum where I found they have discussed this before.  Maybe this could shed some more light on it for you.  Take care and stay safe.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/EyeCare/messages/281.html
Hi Surruh

I have just read your post and I have those and more I was sent for an mri to rule out ms and also an ultra sound to rule out mini strokes they all came back clear thank god eventually I got told that I have fibro.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.