Fibromyalgia Community

Fibromyalgia

Can fibromyalgia be cured?

At this time, there is no "cure" for fibromyalgia - one main reason being is they have not determined exactly what causes fibromyalgia.  There are many thoughts and ideas on it, however, nothing has been scientifically proven/discovered.  There also are no specific blood tests, scans, etc., for diagnosing fibromyalgia = there ARE certain critieria that need to be met before a true fibro diagnosis.

However, there are medications and other therapies that can help treat the symptoms of fibromyalgia.  It's important to remember, though, that everyone is different, so what may work for someone else with fibro may not work for you and vice versa.  Sometimes it is a lot of trial and error between you and your doctor to determine the right combination of meds/therapies, etc. for you.

Best of luck!
Hey Silverlining,
Fibromyalgia is a catch-all name for a syndrome of a large variety of symptoms and not a specific disease. As correctly stated by geminigirl1963
the are no "medical" cures for Fibro- basically because of the inability or unwillingness of the medical system and pharmaceutical companies to  discover or acknowledge the cause(s), thus perpetuating the situation with Fibromyalgia  symptom management through prescribed medications.
Unfortunately, the health authorities (in most western societies) that dictate policy and protocol for diagnosis and treatment of such conditions, are oblivious to the fact that society is facing an epidemic of modern day auto-immune and neurodegenerative conditions and syndromes with very complex symptomologies and of course very ineffective and unreliable testing procedures, misdiagnosis or undiagnosis affecting a large percentage of sufferers usually for LIFE!
Next time a post here, I will explore some of the reasons behind all this.
Blessings to all!
Niko

Tx Niko & Geminigirl, it's just that I had seen a video of a lady claiming that she was cured of fibro...
There is a lot more to Fibromyalgia, than what we are led to know.
Notice in my post :  "no "medical" cures"
I have the suspicion that the lady in the video did not claim a "medical" cure
of fibro, in the conventional medicine way.
More on this next time.
Niko
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.