Fibromyalgia Community

Fibromyalgia Centers of America

I have had many of the symptoms of Fibromyalgia and am going to get tests at the Fibromyalgia Centers of America tomorrow. Anything I should know or do? Are they good? Should I go elsewhere? I really just want relief as I'm sure you all can relate to and want to know that I'm going to some place where I will get help.

Thank youso much for your help,
Melissa
I haven't been to one as there isn't one within my area.  Which center are you going to?

I think they will be better able to help you with your symptoms and get you on the road to health than any other group of physicians.  They specialize in FMS and its treatment so they will be familiar with what they are dealing with, as opposed to those who just place the label on someone, but have no idea how to really treat it.

Good luck to you and please return to let us know how things go tomorrow.  
I have never heard of the Fibromyalgia Centers of America, which isn't to say whether they are good or bad.  I have been to one of Dr. Teitlebaum's Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers, which I would recommend because they are up-to-date with the causes of Fibromyalgia, a big one being chronic infections.
Thank you both so much. I was mistaken it is  the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center's Inc. I'm going to the Pittsburgh one. I will keep you updated and ask many more questions. Thank you again.
Melissa
Great! I went to the one in Philly a couple times, haven't been back lately due to the expense, but learned a great deal of information from them. Be prepared to give blood. The Philly center took 20 tubes of blood during my first visit. Also, if you can afford one of their IVs, I would highly recommend it. It was the IVs which confirmed I had chronic infections causing my symptoms.  You see, the IVs boost your immune system and if you feel worse the next day, it means your body is fighting an infection which it couldn't do before because of immune suppression. Those IVs made a huge difference.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.
Oh That's good to know about the chronic infections. Especially the part about the next day. Thanks, I'm a little more at ease.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.