A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members
1047234 tn?1253547296

Fibromyalgia and RH negative blood group

Hi

I'm interested to know if there are many FMS sufferers who have a RH Neg blood type.  I have seen quite a few people on forums who have FMS and are also RH Neg.  Does anyone know if there is a connection?  I would be very interested to find out.

I have been diagnosed with FMS and also have a RH Neg blood type.
92 Responses

I don't have fibro, but I have CFS. Although they are two very separate conditions, I thought I would mention that I also have an Rh NEG blood type. (A NEG).
I have never been diagnosed with either, however not feeling well lately and have the symptoms of fibro, however been diagnosed with lyme two years ago....and yes I have RH negative blood.
883942 tn?1246566924
I have Fibromyalgia and Rh neg blood type.  (O neg)
I have Fibromyalgia and am RH negative, as well!
1047234 tn?1253547296
It seems like it's a fairly common thing with RH neg & Fibromyalgia, Does anyone know if there is any research into this?  I would be very interested to find out.
I have Fibro and I am O-     let me know what you find out about the connection  
I have FBS and I'm RH neg too. I never realised there could even be a connection.
I have longed believed that autioimmune disorders are connected to rh
negative blood, and also disorders like adhd, add, dyslexia. There are so many people I have talked to that are rh negative with an array of problems. I also have cfs.
I do have FM but not this blood type. I've never heard of this type. What is it? why do you think there is a link?
975514 tn?1325001538
This is interesting. I am not really sure what type blood I have. I thought it was O positive though??? But I could be totally wrong. I've never been told since I was an adult. Does anyone know how you find out?
I had mine checked when I had surgery.  I'm A positive. I had never heard about blood type and fibro link. It could be very interesting to look at.  There is a book "Eat Right for Your Type."  It outlines each blood type and what foods you should and should not eat. I don't follow it but it's interesting, most of the foods for A positive that I should eat make me feel yucky or I don't like.  
975514 tn?1325001538
I should have asked when I had my surgery done last year. Darn! Oh well. I am fairly sure my blood type is O positive. You know, I think I have heard of this book you mentioned.

I'll have to double check on my blood type though when I can and do some digging into blood type and autoimmune illnesses a little further. See if I can find any links? It's worth some research I spose...
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.