Fibromyalgia Community

Fibromyalgia and appetite

So for members who have had FMS for some time, does it also tend to affect your appetite significantly?
Does is make it lower or higher or a combination of both?
I find that I just eat less.

My appetite has really been fluctuating for the past 2+ months. Right now it is minimal at best and I'm afraid I'm losing weight.
It doesn't help that I've become rather depressed the past week as well. At times I sense my stomach needs food but I just don't have the desire to eat.
But even when I was in brighter spirits, I never had what I would consider the healthy appetite I was used up until my fibromyalgia-like symptoms occurred.
And please note though I use the phrase
I was diagnosed by a Rheumatologist last year.  I'm still skeptical myself.

Anyhow, I have a pretty lousy appetite.  I wouldn't say I had a significant one before, but it's definitely dropped off.
Thanks for sharing.
I really feel freaked out about this entire ordeal and it has become a source of stress.
I don't have much of an appetite either. Since my latest flare up from November until now, I have lost 11 pounds. None of my clothes fit.
Any type of chronic condition and especially pain can cause depression of varied degrees. This can lead to eating more/less. If you get a long acting antidepressant, it may take care of the problem. Best of luck.
iv noticed im not eatin much either ????wonder y well as i feel like **** maby and my belly always feels full lately could b that
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.