Fibromyalgia Community

Fibromyalgia

I had gone to the doctor today and he said straight out that I do not have Lyme Disease. He did some pressure point test and diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. How can I improve my health?
Hi there!
What are the symptoms you have been having? Do you also have any associated symptoms like deep muscle pains, depression, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, sleep problems; palpitations etc.These tender pressure points are present around joints. A person must have history of widespread pain lasting since 3 months and pain and tenderness in at least 11 of 18 areas to confirm the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. Treatment of fibromyalgia aims at pain reduction and control of other associated symptoms. Physical therapy, massage, relaxation techniques and exercise may be tried. Sometimes your doctor may prescribe an antidepressant or muscle relaxant if there is no relief from pain and associated depression. Hope you find this information useful. Do keep us posted.
Take care and good luck!
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.