Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members

Fibromyalgia

I had gone to the doctor today and he said straight out that I do not have Lyme Disease. He did some pressure point test and diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. How can I improve my health?
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there!
What are the symptoms you have been having? Do you also have any associated symptoms like deep muscle pains, depression, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, sleep problems; palpitations etc.These tender pressure points are present around joints. A person must have history of widespread pain lasting since 3 months and pain and tenderness in at least 11 of 18 areas to confirm the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. Treatment of fibromyalgia aims at pain reduction and control of other associated symptoms. Physical therapy, massage, relaxation techniques and exercise may be tried. Sometimes your doctor may prescribe an antidepressant or muscle relaxant if there is no relief from pain and associated depression. Hope you find this information useful. Do keep us posted.
Take care and good luck!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.