Fibromyalgia Community

Fibromyalgia

My feet ache 24/7, it's worse when I've finished my work day. I suffer from Fibrimyalgia, just about 10 years now. My heels feel hot and my feet are a throbbing hurting ache when I get home from work. I am not a diabetic nor any problems with my sugar levels, it's always at a normal level (79/80) I weight 125 lbs. and I'm five foot four and I'm 51 years old. I don't use alcohol nor street drugs of any kind. I read to keep up,on new info for Fibro as often as I can, but slack a bit due slack at times. I live alone as my daughter is grown, married .
I've been to  foot Dr, she didn't do anything for me.
Do you know what I can tested for because of this foot problem? It's been going on now for 3? Years as it just gets worse. I've had cortisone shots, didn't help my left foot is worse then my right. Could it be to do with my white blood cells? Please help me figure out what I can do next to help stop this pain...
Hi Jewls1962 and welcome to the forum.

Have you ever tried Dr. Scholl's Custom Fit Orthotic Inserts?
They have this computerized footmap analyzer that evaluates your foot length,arch type and pressure points, so you can get the best inserts for support & comfort. And the price is reasonable, but you have to keep in mind that you probably need shoes about half size larger.

As far as what could be medically wrong, one area to look into is spinal issues that would affect the feet,like spinal stenosis at L5,S1.

Plantar Fasciitis is another possibility, which I would assume your podiatrist ruled out, as most of the time  just the patient's history and a clinical examination is all that's needed for PF diagnosis.
PF -along with many other fibro symptoms- could also be linked with  sub-clinical low thyroid function or thyroid resistance, not usually detected by standard serum thyroid tests.

A chiropractor might be also another health professional, who would be able to determine if an adjustment of some sort might help correct some postural defect, that puts extra pressure on your left side.

Hope this helps, however it's not intended to replace medical advice.

Take care,
Niko
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.