Fibromyalgia Community

Fibromyalgia

I just turned 46 this year and my fibro type symptoms seem to have gotten worse.
My right knee, both hips and my arm joints are completely stiff. I have a cracking popping nose in my joints. My concern is that now I am noticing that my feet and ankles are swollen. I do my best to elevate them, but I do sit at a desk for most of the day. I also live in a hot and humid climate.  I've been quite slim for years and I am suddenly feeling extremely bloated, and swollen like I am retaining water all over.  I take a beta blocker for irregular heart beat. It also keeps my blood pressure fairly low.  Please help!!
Sorry I can not be a lot of info for you but I did want to say Hello and let you know that I am sorry for your sx and hope you can get a dx soon.
Have a great weekend

~Tonya
I have had a problem for years with swelling feet,ankles, & hands & wrists. I asked the doc that I was seeing at the time & she just shrugged. The doc's figured I have been suffering for the past 24 years with FM but was always misdiagnosed until Jan. of this year. I find if I stand for any length of time, sit for any length or walk to much I seem to swell. I am in a very hot & humid part of Canada. I think it is part of the FM as there is no other explaination by the docs. I have just started taking beta blockers for high blood pressure so I know it isn't from them. I don't know if this helps at all hope so.
Take care
I have had fibro for 15 years or so, symptoms started after my hysterectomy. I have been on many different meds but worked the best was the duagesic 3 day patch. Of course it is a narcotic so when I moved and went to a new dr. they took me off from it. Haven't found anything that works very good yet. I do go to the chirpractor often and doing whatever stretches you can helps. I get very sleepy and exhausted for no reason, so if I need I will take a nap during the day. I don't have really any trouble with my hands and feet swelling, but then i put my feet up quite often. Sitting or Standing for any length of time hurts so I move around as often as I can. Right now the dr. is changing my antidepressants so my fibro is a lot worse. Stress, changes in the weather and air conditioning are a big hurt for me. I'm on beta blockers and have noticed no diff in symptoms. Good luck,I know it takes a long time to find answers and I found I usually had to on my own. Thinking of you!
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.