Fibromyalgia Community

Help with my Fibromyalgia!!

I hae been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and all that my doctor tells me to do is Exercise. Nothing is working and I was wondering ....can you tell me anything that would help with my fibromyalgia. Some of my symptoms are severe Fatigue, severe muscle soarness, headache, flu - like feeling. I already tried Lyrica and couldn't take it so could you tell me anything that I could ask my doctor about that maybe would help be to feel better??
Hi cmjohn,

I take cymbalta 90 mil. It helps out somewhat. Others have had great results. I also take Meloxicam 15mil for my stiffness and OA. I take other meds as well for other things too. I hope I was a help to you. Check with your dr to see if you can take any of these meds. Remember  what may work for some of us maynot work for everyone. Take Care and Feel better.
You could google "Co-Cure's" good doctor list to see if there is a specialist nearby who treats FMS/CFS.  The problem with exercising is it isn't as easily done as said.  Low-impact exercises or water aerobics seem to work best for those with FMS.

As ladygeegee said, Cymbalta has helped many and may work for you without the side-effects like Lyrica.  

Review our Health Pages for some information on the treatment of FMS/CFS, as there are some alternative ways to help.

Otherwise, learning how to lessen stressors and pacing what you do is important,  as well as getting proper rest.  

Many doctors do not know how to treat these diseases so they dismiss them with nonsense.  Finding someone who is familiar with them is the key.  

I hope you get some relief soon.  
Hello dear, I am sorry you are going thru this. It is very important that you do small bouts of exercise in one day, no over exerting yourself. do not feel guilty about naps. Meditate and do self relaxation methods before going to sleep. Try music, sound machines, sex before bedtime...which release good chemicals in the brain. Since you may be hypersensitive, find
'touch' that feels good for you, stroking of hair, ear touching, feet rubbing. Whatever it is, I hope you have someone who will do this for you. Warm baths, LOW refined sugar diet, SUGAR is toxic!!!!, and try to avoid emotional drama trauma at all costs. God bless.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.