Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members
975514 tn?1325001538

How Many of You Have Other Diseases Either Yourself or in Your Family???

Just out of curiosity: How many of you either have a co-occurring autoimmune or bacterial illness or disease yourself, or do you have a family history of one or more of them? Please feel free to participate in this poll. If I wasn't able to include a particular condition in the poll, please feel free to discuss it. I wasn't able to add additional lines to include them all, but I thought this might bring up a good discussion in this group about genetics and how these things affect those of us who have FM and CFS. I am eager to hear everyone's comments.
-Dusty  
21 Responses
483733 tn?1326802046
I marked RA, Lupus or inflammatory but also have a thyroid condition.  
975514 tn?1325001538
I just realized how ineffective this whole polling system was going to be after I posted this. Ha ha!!! Because I too needed to mark three things and could only mark one. Whoops! I can blame this mistake on the fibro-fog! BUT, the whole premise of the post has it's merit and really does deserve a discussion, so all is not lost. :)

I have almost everything up there except Lyme in my family. I suffer from DDD and Osteoarthritis of the spine and nerve damage as well as Fibro. My Thyroid numbers are also slightly off myself.
-Dusty
My husband has chronic fatigue and I have degenerative disc (had surgery) along with the fibro., anxiety and depression.

Piper
I have the fibro, lupus, asthma, degenerative disc and osteoarthritis in ALL my joints.

Fibro fog is horrible!
I have ME/CFS, FMS, Addison Disease, Hypothyroidism, Cardiomyalpathy...
975514 tn?1325001538
Hi Kit,
I know the poll isn't perfect, but you should vote for the thyroid problem then if you feel up to it.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.