Fibromyalgia Community

I need some new ideas

I've been going to doctors constantly for years with fibromyalgia like symptoms. My pain is not symmetrical, I've had severe pain in my sternum for the last 3 years, I have severe psoriasis on the palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet.  I showed positive for autoimmune disorders for several years when I was 13-16 and then it suddenly went away and has not returned.  I've been checked for lyme disease, thyroid problems, heavy metal poisoning, I have a couple of sleep studies scheduled for the next couple of weeks. no ammount of OTC pain killers help and Lyrica was not effective on me.  I was checked for celiac disease and that was negative also.

I don't know what other tests or illnesses that I should bring up to the doctor to have him look at, but he taked 3 vials of blood every other week, so a few more wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm open to any ideas, I can barely get up some mornings and I seriously need to be able to work so I can pay my bills.
My first thought ran to psoriatic arthritis.  It can kick like a mule if you have it and it can cause pain in the sternum and ribs.  I would assume they have done an ESR or C-reactive protein test to check for inflammation?  

Good Luck to you.
No signs of inflamation. I had a doctor who was sure that I had that, but they couldn't find any signs of it other than the pain and psoriasis.

He also decided that it was all caused by inflammatory bowel disease and that it was an imbalance with the bacteria and funguses that live in my intestines. his treatment made things worse.  which seems to always be the case, I get put on some new medicine and it seems to work for about a month, then things get worse and stay that way.
One other though occurred to me. my stepfather worked at y-12, the plant that makes virtually all of the nuclear warheads in the US and was exposed to tricoethylene (sp?) and possibly beryllium and likely would have exposed the whole family to it.  I can't find any information on this chemical or exposure effects, all I know is that my stepfather has nueropathy in his legs and had esophageal cancer and my sister was born with a cleft palate which are supposed to be side effects to exposure.  but I can't find any resources about it other than forums talking about using it as a degreaser. I'll ask my doctor about it later and see if he has any test to check for it, if anyone finds anything that may point to the symptoms of exposure to it, let me know.

Well OSHA doesn't seem to be very helpful.. at least when it comes to Triethylene Glycol.

http://www.osha.gov/dts/chemicalsampling/data/CH_273615.html

Listed on here as "harmful" :

http://tcieurope.eu/en/catalog/B0496.html
that is very helpful if triethylene glycol is the same thing
do you know if it was used in spraying of infra-red paints on the warhead and missile body?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.