Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members

I think I have Fibro

I have recently been diagnosed with IC, I see that I have quite a few of the other related disorders.
Right now I have a terrible ache in my arm.
It stopped me going anywhere this weekend.
I'm just resting. I did go to the orthopedic doctor today who did IMS on it, Intra muscular something, involves electrical impulses.
How can I find out about a diet to relieve symptoms. I don't want anyone around me to know what is happening to me.
I want to keep it a secret.
I live in a country that is extremely hot and humid in summer up to 40 degrees C with high humidity and very cold in winter which is what we have just experienced. down to -13 degrees C.
I have  no one to advise me what to do. I seem to have been at the doctors almost every week forking out big bucks.
Can someone help me please?
1 Responses
Fibromyalgia is classified as muscle pain and stiffness throughout the body along with sleep disturbances, hormone dysfunction, GI distburbances, and a range of other symptoms.  I am not familiar with the IC diagnosis.

If you read through the health pages at the top right of the screen, you can learn a lot of information about treatment and underlying causes of Fibromyalgia.

As far as a diet for Fibromyalgia, it consists of a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and for me, I only eat chicken or turkey and no red meat or pork.  I also stay away from foods containing white flour and sugar as both promote inflammation. Problematic foods for some seem to be wheat, corn, milk and milk products and eggs. Also the elimination of MSG, aspartame, caffeine, and processed foods are important.

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.