Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members

Medications For Fibromyalgia and Ones To Avoid?

Hi there, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia years ago after suffering my whole life (even as an infant) and being repeatedly told I had 'growing pains' (even after years of not even growing!!). I am not on anything specifically for fibromyalgia pain however I find that my medication for my mental illnesses (will list below) have been helpful in managing the pain.

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and fibromyalgia + currently I have a shoulder injury. So currently the medication I am taking are the following: Pristiq (150 mg), Abilify (15 mg), Epival (1000 mg), Concerta (108 mg), Meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) and Tramadol (to help with pain... though it doesn't really help much).

My question is the following: are there any medications for fibromyalgia that I should bring up my GP that anyone would suggest/recommend?

My GP never seems to know what is going on with me (I see my psychiatrist mostly and they don't seem to communicate :/ ).... and it is impossible for doctors to know every medication out there and how people tend to react to them (whether it be positively or negatively)

Also, are there any fibromyalgia medications you think/suggest I should avoid?

I was almost put on Cymbalta to treat my depression but it never ended up happening (whole another story).

Thank you for reading, I really appreciate the help! :)
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.