Fibromyalgia Community

Pain in Leg (20-something)

I'm not sure whether it's Fibromyalgia or not as I'm only a 20-something. I also had a turned in left foot that was corrected through a brace and special shoes. The pain started when I was around 10ish and continued up from my foot and now my whole leg aches almost all the time. I also have a genetic hip problem (grandma, mom, aunt and I have it) as it used to feel as if it slipped out of place.

Are there any simple tests I can do myself to see if I may have it?

I also have psoriasis could that be a factor?
There are tons of websites that have checklists for Fibro...
http://www.fms-help.com/   This website is where I started with I first suspected I had Fibro and it offered tons of great information on what symptoms are and what treatments work the best.

Give it a looksie.... Best of luck to ya'!
Oh thanks a lot...A few of my quirks may actually be symptoms...I regularly run into door frames :S I also have stress migraines; my mom has TMJ.
If the pain is in just one leg I'm betting its not fibro. fibro is described as "long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety." On the other hand though, it can occur in your 20's. I was diagnosed after years of pain when I was 25.
I have it in my left hand as well. Odd question but did you get sick a lot when you were a kid? I had mono about 6 times.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.