Fibromyalgia Community

Radial head removal on top of fibromyalgia

I'm going to be undergoing surgery to remove my radial head because it's not healed properly and the orthopaedic surgeon thinks that is the best solution as there's no other way around it apart from surgery however I suffer from fibromyalgia and I'm worried about the impact this will have on my surgery please advise
Hi Nat35smokey.

No worries!
In the absence of injury to other bones and ligaments, the removal of the radial head is routine surgery and does not impact elbow function.
The impact on fibromyalgia would minimal and dependent on the amount of stress you put on yourself.
Now should there be the need to install an implant to stabilize the joint, or other procedure, I still cannot see any significant negative effect in regards to fibromyalgia.
Try to relax and see this as another stepping stone towards improvement.
It will all be behind you soon.
Fibromyalgia is not a life sentence and there are many things you can do to
to alleviate its symptoms and live better.
There's an old thread which I started a few years ago titled "IWILLDOTHIS"
where there a lot of good suggestions.
Just go to the magnifier icon -just above your post and do a search.

Best wishes,
Niko
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.