Fibromyalgia Community

Severe Muscle Cramps from Fibro?

I have had Fibromyalgia and CFS for 20 years.  Has anyone had any problems with SEVERE muscle cramps and is it from the Fibro?  Mine always hit the inside thigh muscle and are as bad as labor pains.  They actually build and release just like a contraction.  They are severe enough to make my cry and all I can do is try to stretch them out and put Biofreeze on them.  I can't take many more of these.  Any ideas what this might be coming from?
Try taking some magnesium taurate or magnesium citrate for the cramping and perhaps some potassium , too.  Magnesium phosphate 30C is a homeopathic remedy for cramping.

Eldermom
Potassium helps me some. I have erratic body movements that Klonopin helped.

Magnesium is vital for any fibro or CFS patient.
Yep,
and yes to Magnesium, i take Magnesium Taurine by Biocare and have definately noticed the difference.

For muscle cramping, the thing that has had the fastest most dramatic results for me was the bowen technique, where your muscles are gently manipulated, the effect is long lasting and helps release muscle tension more than anything else i've tried (which is a lot!). Definitely worth trying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowen_Technique

Other than that, i have found that yoga does help muscle tension, but it took me a long time to get to properly relax into it.

Mx
I get muscle spasms in my back and chest.  They are horrible.  I felt one day like I was having a heart attack.  I put ice on as best I can, but I don't know what to do either.  I sympathize with you.
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia many, many years ago after a long bout with Lymes disease that was undiagnosed and untreated for 4 months. Finally I went to the right doctor for treatment but I find when I over do my daily activity level, I pay the price. We just got back from a 2 week Meditereanean cruise and once I got home, I noticed that my legs and toes were cramping horribly. I would get woken up by calf cramps and the toes on both feet would go into awful looking positions while they cramped. It could be from the extra exercise on the cruise and wearing of open toed shoes with little arch support as far as my feet and legs but I also am suffering from thumb and index finger cramps that are ugly and painful too. Any suggestions or ideas?
I too have severe muscle cramping and aching in my legs!! Lyrica has really helped this stop.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with it and hope you get some input on how to make it better.

I'm here for you anytime you need to vent, talk or ask questions.

Best wishes,
Jennifer
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.