Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members

Stretching, Yoga re: Fibromyalgia/Osteoarthritis

I saw a lot of responses re: Lyrica/Methodaone. I'm a 60 year old male with FMS (20% are) disabled for 4 years, on Tramadol, Methadone, Trazadone, Ambien, Gabitral, considering Lyrica, and wondered if some of you or others you know have tried "stretching machines" that work on either a gravitational or hydraulic basis or the "peanut as seen on TV" to stetch our necks, arms. backs and leg nerves out longitudinally as well as lateraly?  I am wondering if, since many of us often have a "trigger event" that shocks our bodies (mine was swinging around in a chair at work to help some customers and I hit a computer support strut with the side point of my lower knee which knocked me to the ground, writhing in pain). I wonder if these events cause an automatic very strong contraction or nerve point firing which might involve long term constriction of the synaptic nerve tissues, making us feel pain all the time? Any experiences, thoughts or "cures" that way?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.