Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members

Tingling

Are tingling, numbness, pins/needles, buzzing common symptoms/sensations in Fibromyalgia or CFS?
4 Responses
483733 tn?1326798446
I have those symptoms and my rheumatologist said they were due to my fibromyalgia.  It is driving me crazy.  Since he just considers it a nuisance I am hoping to get into my GP this week and look at something to help.
Thanks for your response.  I have yet to be diagnosed and I have tingling, numbness and pis/needles.  I wasn't sure if that as common for fibromyalgia or not.  And, it drives me crazy too!  I can barely stand to sit at the computer anymore because of it!  
975514 tn?1324997938
Hello,
The tingling, numbness and pins and needles is a common symptom that goes along with fibro. You may want to make sure that your doctor orders an MRI of your neck or your lower back depending on where you are noticing the symptoms the most (arms or legs) just to rule out bulging discs, degenerative disc disease or spinal osteoarthritis too. These conditions can go hand in hand with fibromyalgia as well. I have all of these conditions. I would have a discussion with your doctor if I were you. Good luck.
-Dusty
Thanks Dusty.  I have had an MRI of brain and cervical spine.  My brain was normal and I do have stenosis and a bulging disc in my c-spine.  My neuro said she thought that accounted for my symptoms, my othrosurgeon said there was no nerve pinching and that it could not account for them.  I also have various shooting/burning pains and body aches.  He wanted my neuro to do nerve conduction tests to check for carpal tunnel and for her to also have a talk with me about a "condtion that causes aches and pains".  he did not mention what it was called, but I think he meant fibromyalgia.  My PT thinks this could be a possibility as well and is urging me to find a rheumatologist.  I seem to have many of the symptoms, but while I do have pain, it is not the debilitating pain that I hear so many sufferers describe.  i am uncomfortable and annoyed and maybe not quite as active, but I'm not sure if my pain is severe enough to be considered fibromyalgia.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.