A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members
1159522 tn?1269965326

WHY WHY WHY ????

HI THERE

MY NAME IS CHANTEL AND MY DOCTOR HAVE DIAGNOSED ME WITH FIBROMYALGIA.  WHAT TYPE OF MEDICATION CAN WE USE FOR THE PAIN. THE ONLY THING THAT IS WORKING FOR ME IS WHEN SHE GIVES ME AN INJECTION WITH VOLTARIN AND CORTISONE. BUT I'M ONLY ALOWED TO HAVE ONE INJECTION EVERY 4 MONTHS.

THIS THING I HAVE IS MAKING VERY DEPRESSED AND FEELING HOPELESS. I CAN'T TAKE THE PAIN. I HAVE PAIN ALL OVER MY BODY MY RIBS FEEL LIKE SOMEONE KICKED ME, MY FINGERS AND MY TOES ARE HURTING  AND IS STIFF. MY KNEES ARE STIFF AND I GET A WARM FEELING IN MY ONE KNEE.

I ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SPINE  IS NOT LIKE A NORMAL PERSONS SPINE MY SPINE IS STRAIGHT NO CURVES NOTHING STRAIGHT LIKE A STRAIGHT LINE.

MY EARS SWELL UP AND MY JAW IS ALWAYS SORE MY BACK IS VERY VERY SORE IS FEELS LIKE ITS GOING TO BRAKE OFF! MY BUTT HURTS, MY LOWER BACK HURTS I CAN'T BENT A CERTAIN WAY TO PICK UP SOMETHING. SOMETIMES WHEN I SIT TO LONG I CAN'T GET UP AND HAVE TO START WALKING SLOWLY AND SOMEONE HAVE TO HELP ME.

MY ARMS GET A VERY PAINFUL PINCH IN THEM AND THEN MY ARM SWELLS UP AND TURNS BLUE SOMETIMES.

I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT BECAUSE OF THE PAIN, BUT DURING THE DAY ALL I WANT TO DO IS SLEEP. I WALK AROUND LIKE A ZOMBIE. MY HEAD ALWAYS HURTS AND I FEEL VERY DOWN AND DEPRO!

I ALSO GET CRAMPS IN MY CHEST.

AND I'M ALWAYS IN A BAD MOOD I GET VERY ANGRY FOR NO REASON.

BUT MY DOCTOR DID GIVE MY A PILL TO DRINK IT WILL HELP FOR DEPRESSION AND IT WORKS AS A PAIN KILLER TO . WELL IT HAS WORKED FOR THE ANGER SORT OFF BUT IT DOESN'T HELP FOR THE PAIN.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH ME AND WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON ALL OF THIS.

THANKS

REGARDS
CHANTEL
1 Responses
937617 tn?1314212191
I'm sorry you have this,Fibromyalgia is hard to live with I have been living this way for over 25 years. There is help out there; there is medication that works - it takes time but they will find some that works for you. It is worthwhile you looking online there are quite a lot of websites in both Britain & the U.S.A. that provide lots of info about what to expect & new meds etc. I myself take Tramadol & Paracetamol for the pain once they all settle in they work well, for the muscle spasms & the tremors I take Amitriptyline it does also help with the sleep problems & the depression too. It is natural that you feel depressed you are going through a lot & its hard to deal with. This support group is great & there is a good book written in the U.S.A. called Fibromyalgia - A guide for the newly diagnosed, By Claudia Craig Marek - its £9.99 to buy  but borrow it free from any library - they will order it for you if they dont have a copy in there already. Hope this helps. Ice Dragon. xxx
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.