Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members

Weight loss

I had always been trim throughout my life but I find now that the pounds and inches have squated on my waist, shoulders and hips. I walk 20 mins everyday with the dog. My diet is strange as I not only have allergies but I cannot cook (too painful). I want my waist back. Any advice would be helpful. I list my allergies for you. Herbs and spices, Pesticides and fertizers, Fish. I also suffer from Irritable Bowel. I take Co-Dydramol for the pain and I don't sleep very well. I drink only tea, no booze but I do smoke 20 a day + 12.5 grammes of baccy. I am in the process of cutting down (was on 40 a day, two months ago)
2 Responses
1339244 tn?1279725538
I do understand your issues with weight...I, too have been fighting the midlife bulge!  I started suffering with literally uncontrollable weight gain, right about the time I was diagnosed with Fibro/CFS.  I'm not too sure if there is any medical evidence that it is related, but I gotta blame this on something? LOL

I would recommend that you see a Nutritionist to see if there is something different you can do with your diet.  Until recently, I never gave much credit to the whole 'nutritionist' school of thought - what I mean is that I always thought that I can read a book about it.... I know how to figure out calories and fat and such... but I've recently changed my ideas about that. I went to see a Registered Dietician and it was very enlightening!  
I learned about what foods react adversly to my body and what foods I need to add into my diet.  

Since you have a list of allergies to contend with, a Dietician may be your best resource!
Thanks for the advice, got appointment with doctors next week to discuss. Feeling bloated and that is a symptom  of Fibro. I wanna just be me again, is that to much to ask?
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.