What to make a difference for CFS? YOU can do it!

From the CFIDS Association of America - they did a virtual lobby day this year, for those of us who couldn't possiblity make it all the way to D.C. ourselves.  

It really does make a difference to send in these letters.  When I've talked with Congress staff members during lobbying, some of them mention that they are receiving these.  There's so much competing for their attention, so it matters if we make squeaky wheel noise, and stay in their minds.

So a email letter from the Association:

It's Not Too Late for Virtual Lobby Day!

The CFIDS Association of America's 5th Annual Lobby Day is still under way!

Five easy-to-complete activities are available at
                     http://capwiz.com/cfids/home/. In the past 12 days, advocates have
                     sent 3,487 messages to legislators, policymakers and the media
                     about the need for increased funding for and attention to CFS.

In 20 minutes or less, you can write to the two U.S. Senators who
                     represent you (Action #1), the Secretary for Health (Action #2), CDC
                     Director Dr. Julie Gerberding and NIH Director Dr. Elias Zerhouni
                     (Action #3), the member of the House of Representatives representing
                     your local community (Action #4) and your local media (Action #5).
                     Using our pre-written letter templates, it's easy!

There is power in numbers. Let's flex our advocacy muscle!

Thank you for participating in CFIDS advocacy!

K. Kimberly McCleary
                     President & CEO
                     The CFIDS Association of America

In case the link doesn't show when I post this, click on:
http://capwiz.com/cfids/home

Thanks for making a difference for all of us!
  Curls

Hey Curls,

I posted this about a week ago in here and the EBV forum and I didn't get any responses. LINK:  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/510580

Please people... this is important. Please let us know that you are fighting for future and health. It is so easy.. the CFIDS Association of America writes the letters and all you need to do is type in your personal information and hit the send button. Your letter will be e-mailed to the right people to try to get more funding & education for CFS patients. This is very important !!
I agree. It's totally important.  It's my belief in life that you have no right to complain, if you aren't willing to at least try to help yourself.  For some people even the littlest amount is too much.  But if you've read this far into my post - then you have enough energy to do this.  It's THAT easy!!

You are reading content posted in the Fibromyalgia Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.