Fibromyalgia Community

Young fibro sufferer

Is anyone out there dealing with Fibro at a young age? I'm 23 and have been dealing with it for at least eight years. I find it especially difficult being so young and "healthy looking" because most people think I'm making it up or exaggerating. The other hard part is dealing with being this age and HAVING to work full-time and being a full-time student. I can't just go to the doctor whenever I want or pay for a gym membership or chiropractor, and I can't just eliminate the stress and physical stresses in my life. (Not that everyone older than me can, It's just frustrating being so out of control of my life and hearing everyone say "cut out the stress!")
Anyone else out there to talk to?

There are some young people who have posted here who have fibromyalgia. I hope they will check out the community soon and either post here and/or contact you. Stick around... okay ? I hope you will also check out our Health Pages... there are various treatment plans posted for fibromyalgia and CFS. These treatment plans are recommended by the experts... some of who have had CFS and/or fibromyalgia themselves.

What are your symptoms?  Incidentally, you live about an hour from me.
I am 24.  I was diagnosed 3 years ago.  I feel like all I do is get worse and worse and there are no answers.  I have 3 kids (I know I'm young to have 3 kids LOL) and I can't keep up with them.  I feel so bad because I'm in constant pain and even though my husband says he believes me, I feel like he just doesn't understand and he does get irritated by my constant problems.  I'm not making this up or imagining it.  I try not to even bring anything up unless it's really bad anymore.  But even though I don't vocalize half of my pain, I'm still complaining daily.  I am at such a dead end.  I totally understand where you are coming from!  WE NEED TO CHAT!!  
Hi there. Im 23 and have had FM for 2 years
Hi!

I'm a 23 yr old girl and I couldn't agree with you Lola_mama more. (and thanks Lola_mama) for your input on missing puzzle piece!

But yes, I am young and have been feeling chronically fatigued since I was around 12. I have a wide variety of symptoms, and there is a possibility that I have MS or an autoimmune problem.

But I am a healthy looking too. I am a healthy weight and generally appear healthy--as much as I love my family and friends, I really don't think they take me seriously. It's frustrating to say the least. I am at the point where I don't really bring it up anymore either--I just keep my feelings to myself which has also been kind of frustrating.

Also, like you, I can't afford a chiropractor or massage or a gym membership or anything of the like. I'm currently saving up money, so I can join this overpriced yoga place near my house because I'm getting desperate and yoga is supposed to be EXTREMELY beneficial for people with all kinds of diff. problems. I'm still struggling to finish school at a snail's pace and I walk dogs for a living now, primarily because I can't keep a regular job because I have too many days where I feel like I can't make it 8 hours without rest at some point. On the up side, doing something like dogwalking is good because I am able to attain a decent level of exercise and I love animals.

But then I found this site and there are so many people here going through the same thing or at least something similar. It's great because we all know what it's like! I hope it helps to hear that you are not alone.

I've had Fibromyalgia when I was 22, about 9 years ago...I've gone through the whole deals both physically & emotionally, in face I am still going through it everyday. Because it is an invisible illness, I felt like I was being punished for some reason. Noone around me understand me and I've lost my jobs, my boyfriend of 7 years and a big chunk of my life. It's a real struggle and I do look fine on the outside. Inside, I feel hollow. I don't know what I can do to help you but I'd like to be able to talk to someone too. Spiritually, this helps me. I just want you to know that we share same experiences and that I truly understand you. If you just want to talk, please write me anytime. If you don't mind, may I add you as a friend? Hope you keep your spirit up.

All the Best!
Thank you all so much....you have no idea how much it helps to know that even just one other person out there understands. Especially the feeling of being punished - it's hard not to feel that way. It's also hard not to think that you're doing something wrong or at least not doing anything right. You're not taking care of yourself...etc...etc...everyone likes to tell me if I ate right and exercised more that I'd feel better. Easy for them to say. Even getting out of bed some days is more exercise than I can handle.

Thanks again, everyone. I'm sending out best wishes to all of you.
Hi. I'm 22 and I just got diagnosed with Fibro. I'm a graduate student and i was also working and i've had to quit my job and take a little break from school because of all the pain. Its been pretty tough but i'm trying to be very positive about all this and its great to come to this website and understand more about how to cope with it.
I'm lucky to have very supportive people me but there are days when its very frustrating because no one seems to understand you.
I wish you the best and keep your spirits up
I am 25 and myofascial pain started when I was 21 (knots in back muscles) + neck pain , knee pain etc ... I suggest you buy and read the book "adrenal fatigue - the 21st century health syndrome" ... adrenal fatigue is very common and is the underlying cause for fibro , fatigue , allergies , brain fog , etc
Thanks! I'm going to buy that book right now. I appreciate the tip - all the best. I hope you're feeling well.
~Ajawit
Hi Ajawit,

There is a product called TRANSFER FACTOR

web : www.4tf.com

The advanced plus bottle is around 55 bucks , get yourself one if possible and start a daily regimen of 2 capsules on an empty stomach . I have heard many good things about the product . Made from cow's milk and egg yolk the transfer factors are the same molecules in mother's milk which teaches and instructs the immune system . Do a google search . Since fibro / cfs are caused by abnormalities in the immune system .

Fibromyalgia a survival book : a must read for anyone with fibro . Here is amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Fibromyalgia-Chronic-Myofascial-Pain-Survival/dp/1572242388

Both books have excellent reviews .

Please consider transfer factor seriously and stay in touch . I hope the same for you . Together we can fight this condition .

Here is some reviews of transfer factor by fibro sufferers and how it helped them. I suggest taking omega 3 flaxseeds , fish oil , B vitamins , anything that is immune system booster . Omega 3 has also anti inflamatory properties . Do you have brain fog as well?

http://www.preciouspets.org/4life/fibro.htm
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.