Fibromyalgia Community

could it be Fibromyalgia

I have had symptoms on and off for several months. Recently the symptoms have been lasting 2.5 weeks. I feel extremely nauseaus, tired, headaches, sore burning eyes, and the worst is the pain in my body. Mostly the pain is in my lower back and neck, but my entire body hurts. My symptoms are the worst at night, and sometimes earlier depending on how much I have exerted myself. I still have an appetite, and eating does not seem to change the nausea or other symptoms. Because the pain, nausea and headaches are worse at night, I have a terrible time sleeping and will often wake up a few times throughout the night due to pain in my hips, lower back and neck. I have had to take a few days off of work and for 2 weeks have been spending allmost the entire time in bed. I can sleep throughout the day in spurts, but never feel rested and the symptoms never go away. I feel like I have a terrible flu without a fever or other obvious symptoms. HELP!
It sounds like it could be Fibro.  Have you checked to see if you have the Fibro tender points?  I would recommend seeing a rheumatologist or neurologist.  My neurologist is the one who diagnosed me.  My PCP just thought I was crazy.  I would also recommend staying away from Lyrica.  I am part of the Lyrica Survivors group on Facebook.  If there is anything else that might help your symptoms, I would try that instead.  Hopefully you will get a good doctor who is willing to listen to what is going on and make an accurate diagnosis.
It definetly sounds like fibromyalgia.  I have been diagnosed by a neurologist and really relate to what you are saying about pain.  The treatment I ended up getting was Gabapentin, 100 mg 3 times a day.  It took a good month or more before the meds started working and it is definetly not a cure.  However, it helps keep the flare ups at bay.  I also had numbness starting in my feet that would go up to my legs, neck pain, headaches, vision problems, light and noise sensitivity, relentless insomnia followed by pain, pain, and more pain.  On top of the Gabapentin they also give me Amytriptylin.  It helps me to sleep at night.  When sleep deprived my symptoms really burst open and the pain gets unbareable.  There is no medical test for Fibromyalgia, however, there are symptoms and certain tender spots on the body that help to make the dx.  There is no cure for fibromyalgia.  Hope this helps.  One thing for sure, keep a medical journal of ALL your symptoms, dates and time.  This helps the doctor to make an accurate diagnosis.  It also helps you to take a step back and look at the health issues you have.
I have been having alot of the same symptoms.  I spent 5 days in the hosptial over the Thanksgiving holiday and all the tests came back normal.  But I have a numbness in my leg (like it is going to sleep) sensitivity to light (trouble reading) had my eyes checked and there is nothing wrong w/ my eyes.  Pain in my lower back and I cannot sleep on my side any longer.  It makes have the sensation of dizziness except that I am not dizzy.  I was given meds for EPV but was not tested for the virus.  

Now I am wondering is it fibromyalgia?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.