Fibromyalgia Community

fibromyalgia?

3 months ago i started getting pains and aches all over my body. It started out feeling like my bones were aching then i started to have pain in my left leg , shoulders, neck and back. And paresthesia in my left arm. I went to the emergency room and the doctor and was told it was sciatica and tense muscles probsbly from stress.. after about 3 weeks of this the leg pain and paresthesia went away but i was still having neck and back pain, headaches, muscle twitches . Now i just started having those same symptoms in my rifht side. Along with the muscle twitches and back pain And headaches. Im not sure if this seems like fibromyalgia or not? I have also been having very severe anxiety and panic attacks for the past 3 months. But ive had GAD for 10 years and never had such painful symptoms before.
It seems to me that your adrenals are stressed because of biological and mental stress, which may have affected your thyroid function as well
(secondary hypothyroidism).
When the adrenals are stressed over long time, adrenal fatigue sets in and next thing that happens is that the adrenals force a low thyroid environment
for adrenal recovery.
Between these two conditions, a variety of symptoms can be present, including the ones you have mentioned.
Look into Functional Adrenal Stress profile from BioHealth Labs -FYI only-
and you may also look into Dr. Barnes Basal Temperature Test for thyroid
function.
Another thing that should be ruled out is nutritional and vitamin deficiencies
like D3, B12 methylocobalamin, methylfolate, tissue magnesium, zinc etc.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions ,let me know.

Cheers,
Niko
I will try to look into that. Although I have had my thyroid levels be off in the past so I did have that checked at the ER and the thyroid was normal.
Normal may not be normal my dear.
If you did not get Free T3, Free T4 AND Reverse T3, low thyroid function may have NOT been ruled out , as the tests they usually conduct, only reveal serum levels.
This  misses secondary hypothyroidism, thyroid resistance /type 2 hypothyroidism.
You can do a screen for this (which used to be the golden standard for testing and thyroid regulation in the past). Just do a search under :
"Dr. Barnes Basal Temperature Test" and follow the online instructions precisely. You may also visit the Lupus Community where I frequently post
pertinent information.

Dr. Lowe from the Fibromyalgia Research Foundation supports the premise that most Fibromyalgia patients are either hypothyroid or thyroid hormone resistant.

Wishing you well.
Niko

I could not agree with thelightseeker any more than I do! Please follow through with the suggestions. I had been dx'd with fibro, too, after being tested several times for a thyroid issue and found "normal",  but it was thyroid. All of your symptoms are associated with thyroid, you need that hormone balanced because it is needed by every cell in your body.
Try thyroidchange.org for a doctor, that's where I finally found one smart enough to figure it out.
Thank you
I usually find in hypothyroidism information that it causes weight gain. I have always had the opposite problem of not being able to gain weight.
Except for the past couple years my weight has been where it should be and stays pretty constant. Can you have hypothyroidism if you don't have a weight gain problem?
Weight gain is not a criterion in hypothyroidism diagnosis, only a common symptom, not necessarily applicable to every hypothyroid sufferer.
So yes, it is possible.
Just try the test, I suggested before, as a screen.

Cheers,
Niko
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.