A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members
1530566 tn?1316213207

fibromyalgia and scoliosis?

Hi I have a 14 yr old daughter that has just been diagnosed with having fibromyalgia and now scoliosis...she has had a myoclonic jerking of her right leg for over 8 months and they sent her to a neurologist who said that she has nothing wrong with her that it is conversion disorder....he ordered neruo psychology and  for her to go to physical therapy...during therapy the psychologist has determined that my daughter does not have conversion disorder and they physical therapist sent her to a rheumatologist for a testing for arthritis or fibromyalgia..at that time she was diagnosed with having fibromyalgia...we started pain management since it was prescribed for her and during that..she has now been diagnosed with having scoliosis and they are saying how the other dr's couldnt take the time to see that this childs spine is not right..does anyone else out there deal with having both of these issues and if so what type of medications are you taking and what type of therapy if any..is it working?
1 Responses
1530171 tn?1448129593
Was there another type of conversion disorder other than the obvious motor type?
Can you think of any traumatic event, that may have triggered this?
Did the Rheumy base his diagnosis using the old criteria (11 out of the 18 tender point test) or the newly implemented diagnostic procedure?
What is the degree of her spinal curvature and which direction?
How did the psych doc make his determination?

I may have some suggestions, however, I will wait for your answers first and any other info that you may consider pertinent.

Not to despair my dear. I understand how you feel. It is a very overwhelming situation for any parent.
Have faith that things will work out. You need to be extra strong at this time for your daughter. And this strength comes from within.
Do not feel rushed to start any drastic therapy program, if you both do not feel ready or comfortable with it.  
Please post soon.
Blessings to you and your family,
Nikodicreta

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.