Fibromyalgia Community

fibromyalgia/rheumatoid /compound pain.how do you cope?

I honestly don't know where to begin.having an off day_ I'm getting Methotrexate shots for my arthritis every other week. from pain/managemnt dr...for the.last 5 months,been feeling extremely exhausted,passing out w/ my boots on, no energy whatsoever,just scrolling the mouse,is painful. low vitamin D I'm taking vitamin D2 1.25 MG <generic for Drisdol.and for pain Meloxicam 15 mg..still in pain,I live in pain.doing much less activity..I am ashame @ times, when I walk into an office or anywhere,I just need to sit.makes me feel, others view me as being lazy.but you can see the misery in my eyes..how do others like me, cope? I'm  depressed.I have hep_C ..I can't get treated until I can cope w/ my depression better..when is better..when I can't put on a knee brace b/c of the tenderness,shooting pain..feeling helpless..ty for your time,
There has been no direct link found between rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Both are relatively common so a person can have both conditions. There have been increased incidences of fibromyalgia among people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Having rheumatoid arthritis can be considered as a risk factor for fibromyalgia. A lack of vitamin D is associated with higher risk of rheumatoid arthritis. A correct intake of vitamin D, along with calcium is very important in protecting the health of our bones. Low vitamin D may lead to early progression of the disease. You need to see a specialist. Your doctor will advise you to start vitamin D supplements. In fibromyalgia medicines should always be used along with exercise and behavior therapy. Medications like Duloxetione, pregabalin and Milnacipram have been approved for treating fibromyalgia. See a psychologist for conselling. It will be best to discuss it with your doctor about which medication will be most suitable for you. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!
I have fibro & have episodes like that. Go see a therapist, it does help & they say anti-depressants not only help with depression, but also for the pain, sleep, etc. Don't worry about what other people think when you are out, it will only make you sicker. Focus on yourself & your wellbeing. Even when it hurts, you should still move a little everyday. If you hsve fibro there is an awesome  facebook page page for support. U should look for one for your RA.. Keep Swimming & good luck!

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.