Fibromyalgia Community

just diagnosed

Hi im a 29 yr old mother of 4. I just got diagnosed with fibromyalgia today. Im not sure on the diagnosis yet the symptoms seem to fit. I have bad spasms where i can see the nerves under my skin pop. And my legs and arms will jerk. I also have pain in my legs and sometimes it burns and my legs want to colapse from under me or my feet will hurt and feel like pins and needles. I also get migrains and dizzy spells and sometimes have memory problems or almost like black out. i will be involved in a conversation but then miss bits and pieces of it. I also have a hard time with my lower and middle of my back hurting. And it sometimes hurt to be touched in certain places like to be hugged or when my husband plays and tries to pick me up. The only reason that im kinda questioning the diagnosis is cause what ive read states that it is having a low threshold for pain. And i have been through some painful things and always thought that i had a pretty high tolerance to pain. But the neuro gave me savella to try and im not sure if i want to since im a nursing mom and its not recomended for nursing moms. Anyone know of a medication used to treat this condition that is? He also gave me a pamplet for an attorney to sign up for social security. Anyone here win social security with only a fibromyalgia diagnosis? Thanks for help. chreey
Also forgot to add the fatigue and the muscle cramps. Doc thougt i had ms since my half brother does and the symptoms fit there as well. But no signs of it on any tests had ct scan,evoked potential tests,mri,and emg all were normal. Also had eeg done since my first one in 2009 was abnormal but it turned out normal this time.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that you are not well and I too am not well and our symptoms are somewhat alike. I too was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a neurologist but the bad thing is he never listened to me when I would talk to him. He just said it was not anything bad because my previous mri came back normal. It is frustrating because for me each day seems to get worse. I am seeing a neurotologist in Texas but unfortunately whatever I have does not seem to budge. I also believe I had come down with mono because that is when these symptoms first started. Hope you get better soon I know how frustrating this can get and all I can do is pray. Take care & god bless!
I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and I have similar symptoms, yet they do not think my muscle spasms and jerking are caused from Fribromyalgia. I am loosing my memory, parts of my face, limbs go numb, back pain, abdominal pain, etc...Some days I am unable to walk without help. I have considered disabiltiy, but am trying to hold down my job as best as I can as I am only 28 years old. I wish you the best of luck. All of my test results have come back normal also. I am trying to get a referral to St. Louis. Will let you all know what they say.
I wish you the best at at the doctor in St. Louis. Hope this gets better for you, but know that you are not alone I too have the same symptoms. We are too young for this to be happening to. Proverbs 3:5- Trust in the LORD with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Thank you. It helps seeing that I am not alone, but I wish we had answers. Good luck to you in Texas.
Talked to neuro today since he was going to put me on savella but i read you cant take it breastfeeding and he told me no and that theres nothing i can take so only thing i can do is use heat and ice until i go back in 4wks and then discuss point injections.
I hope you get better and that the pain isn't unbearable for you especially since you have little ones. I got a call back from my neurotologist yesterday and he had the nerve to tell me that I had to go through this before I could get better. I don't think I will be seeing that doc again. And I am praying the new doc that I see next week will have something for me. best of luck and my prayers are with both family 2011 & chreey.  Take care & god bless. Keep me updated.
Are your symptoms sporatic? Today I am walking perfectly normal, but earlier in the week I needed assistance. Rest seems to be the best treatment for me, do you all do anything to help your spasms, etc...
my symptoms lately have been consistent. Last two days hurt so bad didn't want to get out of bed going to look into those memory foam matresses see if it helps. But yeah there usually sporatic. Somedays i feel fine maybe a little tired and then other days all heck brakes loose. The spasms come and go i can go a day or two with nothing and then have maybe 1 or 2 and then some days my arms legs buttocks everywhere will just act up. And i have no idea how to help them. The only thing i do is use a heating pad or the roll on stuff like icy hot or aspercreme.
I forgot to mention that my dr. order physical therapy for fibromyalgia, but we have focused on rebuilding stregnth in my legs and it has helped a lot. I now know how to do some stretches when my body hurts very bad. Maybe you two should ask for the same.
Thanks will ask about pt from the doc that i see this week. Hope you feel well soon. God bless.
How did the dr. appt go?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.