Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.75k Members

just fibromyalgia?

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7 years ago after a heart attack- which was caused by a spontaneous dissection of my left coronary artery. I never seemed to get well. I stayed tired, pain everywhere, sensitive to chemicals- especially in stores like Lowe's or Home Depot- got sick, dizzy and had to leave the store. I am also sensitive to sounds- loud sounds, sensitive to light- can't stand being hot or cold. I am still so tired, there are days I don't get out of my chair. I've been tested for everything under the sun- some came back "iffy"- like autoimmune diseases, low Vitamin D, slightly hypothyroid, slightly anemic, positive ANA- but non specific. I'm afraid I will have to quit working. My Rheumatologist told me to "find a teaching hospital" somewhere and get a second opinion because he didn't know what to do with me. He's not from Texas and doesn't know about any. I'm not from Texas either- just living here. Anyone know of a place in Texas- near Dallas, or Waco??? Help!!!
5 Responses
i have no idea
however the fibromyalgia network may know
their number is 800 853-2929

Thanks- that's a great idea
Thank you so much for posting this number.  I had no idea that this existed.  

God Bless you.
i too became diagnosed after emrgent gall bladder sgury 4 yrs ago/ since then i'm fighting to keep going and getting up every to go to work but it's becomung very hard at this point. we have the same light/smell sound sensitivities. I almost passed out @ work once because some opened a new marker to write on a display board. all test are also just borderline and iffy...i may have to leave my job. anyone know of the succes rate of fibros getting SSi.......
There's a really good support good in DFW area......they have a wonderful site:
http://dfwcfids.net
.....I believe they  have a section on all the do's and don'ts regarding applying for SSI, please read it carefully, so you will get it on your first try, as I did when I lived in TX.

You ability to prove the fact that you no longer able to make a customery, gainful living and your doctors also support your claim is super important.  They also sent me to a psychologist to test if my cognitive impairment (due to ME/CFS) was as bad as I said I was.

Hang in there and don't push yourself too hard until you totally collapse.

Kit
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.