Fibromyalgia Community

molds linked with fibromyalgia?

I was exposed to black mold and yellow dust type molds when I was 3 yrs old living in a mobile home for 2 yrs. Until I was 5. I am now 13 and in the past 2 yrs. I have had increasing pain in my joints and stiffness along with sleeplessness and all the other symptoms of Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed just this week with it after my Pediatricians put all the symptoms together over the past yr or so. I am double jointed and this to causes me pain mostly in my feet, knees, ankles, elbows, wrists and neck. Could long exposure to these molds and spores cause this? I also have asthma they said was due to this in the mobile home and was diagnosed with that when I was 8. And also, can you get better and even recover from Fibromyalgia? I had to quit softball because it was to hard on my body. I want to do what ever I can to get into shape to not hurt so much. Thank you.
I am not 100% sure if your exposure could have caused your FMS, but it sure does make sense. I know researchers say that trauma to the body can cause FMS. Perhaps the long exposure was your traumatic event?

Fibromyalgia is not something that will ever go away unfortunately. It can be managed though and some people can do so well in their management that they are able to put the syndrome at bay for a while. Playing softball again is not out of reach if you take care of yourself and have a good doctor. Becoming healthier takes a combination of eating right, exercise, proper medication management, and good relationships and social environments. I hope this helps you. Good luck.
-Dusty
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.