Fibromyalgia Community

pain under left rib cage

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help. I am a healthy, active 21 year old female and I have a sharp pain under my left rib cag below my breast bone.

I have had constantly for 3 days now with it becoming more severe when I eat and drink.

I have had it on and off for about a year and can go months without ever feeling it then it comes back with vengence - abit like an 'attack'.

I have been to the doctors and they said it's nothing to worry about and to lay of the currys and spicy foods - bearing in mind i dont really eat currys or spicy foods.

Just wondered if anyone had ideas of what it could be - I have looked up symptoms etc for gall stones / enlarged spleen but nothing seems to fit.

Thanks.
This could be wrong, however I have pain under my left breast/ribcage and I have heard that is a symptom of IBS.
Ugh i have the same exact pain!!! I've had it for three years now since i was 18 and it's the most uncomfortable thing to deal with. It is a constant sharp pain and rarely goes away. I have been to so many doctors and they say to not eat spicy foods also but it never even made a difference as the pain is always there. The most recent doctor said it was severe IBS which has symptoms of pain under breast on left side. I wish i had medicine or something that helped it. Hopefully your doc will help and you will feel better...that pain is not fun. Feel better!
It is also a sign of red blood cells rupturing the debris clogging the spleen.
Is it dangerous or life threating
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.