Fibromyalgia Forum

possibility of Fibromyalgia?

My name is Jordyn and I'm 16 years old. For the past 6 months or so I've been having terrible back pain in both my upper and lower back. Some days it's dull and i can get stuff done but other days it's terrible to the point where it hurts to even sit down. Like i keep having to move positions every couple of minutes. Most of the pain is either in my lower back or or between my shoulders. My friends have tried to help by giving me massages and I've even gone to spas to get a massage by a professional but neither of those have worked. Sometimes my back pain is so severe that I also get migranes and/or terrible headache that i can feel with every step i take! I NEED help! Please! I'm about to start school and I don't want to lag around! Please PLEASE help me!!
Fibromyalgia is characterized by widespread pain in all four quadrants of the body for a minimum of three months and at least 11 of the 18 specified tender points -9 pairs  on either side of the body along with the experience of chronic widespread pain .The tender points lie in front neck area ,back of the neck ,back shoulder area, shoulder blade area ,elbow area , upper outer quadrant of the buttocks , rear hip and Knee . Associated symptoms of Fibromyalgia include fatigue ,morning stiffness , sleep disorder , menstrual cramping along with numbness and tingling , dizziness , skin and light sensitivities.
If you do not have symptoms other than back pain , it may not be Fibromyalgia . There could be other causes of back pain and headaches that include nerve impingement in the back or stiffness of the neck muscles . Please go for an MRI of spine with contrast , EMG and consult a neurologist for the diagnosis and treatment . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards ! .

Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.