Not a question just an update :)

Well, a lot of you might not remember me and the fairly new members might not know me. Im Tierza, 20, and a ftm. My due date was June 19th with my baby boy, and I ended up having him May 13th. The day before Mothers Day (may 11) i had a feeling that something was wrong because i hadn't felt my son move much. So i went in and was hooked up to monitors, he wasn't doing much movement and so they transported me to a different hospitals in case i would have had him he could go straight to the NICU. well they kept me over night and released me on mothers day the next day. i had a non stress test on the 13th and a nurse came in and said "you are going to have your son in the next 30 minutes or else he is going to die" my (then) fiance at the time and i freaked out, i had my son via emergency csection at 3:10 pm (i was 34wks5days) he was then transported right away to the bigger hospital. Elijah David Courtney 4 lbs 11 oz 18 inches long. i didn't get to meet him until the following day. he stayed in the NICU for exactly one week and then we got to take him home :) apparently my placenta was dying so my son wasn't getting the nutrients he needed. shortly after my fiance turned into someone i didn't know, he started abusing me physically. he kicked me in my stomach multiple times (keep in mind i was healing from a csection) shoving me around etc so my son and i left and moved in with my mom. He has not been around much since we left, he usually comes around for about 20 minutes at a time every few days but this time its been almost 2 weeks since he's seen his son. he's a monster. my son is doing great, he sleeps from 8 pm to 8 am since he was 8 wks old, 3 wks adjusted, he's starting to get his bottom two teeth, he's starting to roll over, he talks and smiles all the time! I know he is at least 12 lbs and 23 inches long now, he will be 4 months on the 13th, 11 wks adjusted :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks! And wow, that's crazy! Elijah is a great name ;)
Helpful - 0
I had a little boy named Elijah Gage November 12 2011 he was 35 weeks 4lbs 12ozs and 18ins long. He was in the hospital for 4 days total.

I'm glad to hear y'all are doing well and I'm so thankful you got away from that man! People like that don't stop once they start. I just can't help to wonder why he all of a sudden changed like that.

Keep being a great protective mother your little sounds like he is doing wonderful!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.