Fish & Aquatic Pets Community
238 Members

sick oscar

I have had my Oscar for three years. I used to feed him a lot of feeder fish until I found out it caused holes in his body, so I stopped. Recently, I gave a 25% water change. The tank temp is 76 degrees, and I noticed for about three days now that the fish has been laying on the bottom of the tank. He won't eat and is very lethargic. Usually, when I go to the tank he swims over to me. Now he just lays there. He shares a tank with a plecko and an african cichlid. Can you please tell me what is wrong. I am worried. He looks so sad.
i am having the same problem with my north american oscar i have had him on the same diet that you have explained and he is doing the same things you have explained, however i have noticed that my fish is doing what the pet store has told me is their spawing ritual (MOVING THINGS AROUND THE TANK) and is sort of hiding i don't understand what is wrong with him and i am getting depressed looking at my fish act so sad. please if you have any answers help "Jaws" (my fishes name) and myself get through this terrible time before it's too late!
my fish is on the same diet....he recently started growing like a green mold on his head which is now covering about half of his body and he is just sitting on the bottom of the tank sometimes sideways he looks very sad and depressing please tell me how to fix this because I believe there's something going on his eye now please anybody knows how to help me and please I don't think he's going to make it.    Ty
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet