Aa
A
A
A
Close
Food Addiction / Sugar Addiction Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

I have to eat every couple hours

I'm 18 5' 7" 219 lbs ( earlier this year I was 245 lbs) I sometimes can go 5 hours in between meals and sometimes only like 2-3 before I feel weird. People have said eat something sugary it's just your blood sugar, well that doesn't do anything for me. I don't think it's my blood sugar and neither does my physician. Could it be my body is just digesting food too fast? It has gotten some what better since I started only eating chicken, rice, salad, water, protein bars, other meats, etc.. Is there any hope lol or am I royally screwed?
1 Responses
2169060 tn?1337631232
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi

I am not sure what you are asking - why is it that you are hungry after only two hours after a meal?

If that is it - yes, what people have told you might be correct. You could by hypoglyemic, which means that when you eat a sugary or high carb meal, your insulin which attempts to utilize the sugar overworks and you are left with a low blood sugar. That means you will be tired, dizzy and hungry - to correct your blood sugar.

The way to deal with it is to eat fewer carbs and more protein and fat - ask you famiy doctor or a dietician for a proper diet - that is lower cab, moderate protein and fat - to control this condition. You will notice that you will feel much better once your diet is stabilized.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.