Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum

Ball of foot pain

Almost two months ago I wore high healed shoes for about 9 hours.  I have worn them several times before without pain, but this time by the end of the day I was in alot of pain.  I took the shoes off and I could tell the balls of my feet were swollen cause my toes didn't touch the floor even after being out of the shoes.  I rested them and the swelling went away.  I wear Nike sneakers pretty much all the time now, cause if I wear anything else I have instant pain in the balls of my feet.  I can't even wear my flat dress shoes.  What can cause this much pain that makes walking so painful?  There is no swelling now and they look normal.  I've tried OTC inserts in my dress flats, but they still hurt.  Did I damage something from wearing the high healed shoes?  Will they get better on their own with time?  
as we get older, we can't bounce back from stresses to our bodies like in our early years.
i get this problem after 1 hour of standing in high heels!
heels are fine, but once we cross the line of wearing discomfort, keep the heels on until discomfort sets in.  then go find a seat!
if you know you have to be on your feet for extended periods, try a lower heel or a platform shoe that doesn't make you stand on the balls of your feet.
A related discussion, Melbourne Podiatrist was started.
A related discussion, Hind foot pronation was started.
Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.