Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum

Freibergs infarction surgery

I had surgery for a freibergs infarction over a month ago and I am still in tremendous pain. I am being told continously to elevate my foot. When my foot is elevated for 5-10 minutes it goes completely numb and causes more pain. The pain is tremendous when elevated. I always thought that elevation would alieviate pain not increase this. What could be causing this?
what did you have done to the joint?  freibergs infarction presents with flattening of the metatarsal head and pain at the joint.  for surgical repair, a joint implant can be performed or osteochondral drilling of the cartilage to promote pseudocartilage growth.
some physicians may even fuse the joint or remove the metatarsal head.
pain from surgery can occur form inflammation or nerve destruction (along with other factors)
A related discussion, Freiburg infarction treatment options was started.
Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.