Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum

Severe Pain Behind Little Toe

Hello, I've had this problem for years now on both feet. The meaty areas on the outside edge behind my little toes are killing me. They are slightly calloused, super tender and feel like there is a half inch of skin there that shouldn't be. Definitily inflammed but can't see any redness. I'm often barefoot, when shoes are worn their Birks or something with Dr. Sholes inserts. If I accidentially graze the area, it feels like I've been sliced wide open and takes quite a while for pain to subside. What little research I've done myself came up with words like Bursitis, Metatarsalgia, Metatarsal Osteotomy, Cortisone Shots, and possibly buy some gel adhesive pads. The areas seem to be at the "MPJ'S #5".  Plantar Fasia seems to be a heel only related problem. Any suggestion would be great! Thanks
you have bursitis, caused by a tailor's bunion (bunionette).  cortisone injections can help shrink the bursa sac.  make sure you wear shoes with wide toe boxes to help take the pressure off the areas.  
if you continue to have pain, surgically correcting the tailor's bunion and excision of the bursa sac will cure it.
A related discussion, Chronic Lateral Planter Nerve Pain was started.
A related discussion, foot pain was started.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.