Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum

Stress Fracture

I aquired two fractures at the base (on top of) my third and fourth toes. It took quite some time for the diagnosis to be found because the fracture wouldn't appear on normal xray and was found much later (6 months) on bone scan. That said, my Dr. prescribed an "air cast" to expediate healing....to no avail. To this day, nearly a year later, my foot is still swollen, it still hurts and I am at a loss as to what to do next...I am 42 and female.
sounds like you have a lisfranc's dislocation fracture.  you need to get a ct scan to evaluate this.
if this is the case, you need to have surgery to fuse the joints in the midfoot.
this type of injury is easily missed and can cause lots of pain if not treated with fusion.
people tend to do well with this procedure.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.