For Those Feeling Spaced Out Community
14 Members

Extreme Brain Fog, Heavy-headed feeling, & Dizzyness - PLEASE HELP!!!!

I am a 31 year old married female with a child. 4 months ago, I came back from a weekend vacation and the next day I woke up with extreme disorientation, a heavy headed feeling and I had difficulty keeping my head up. Well now its been 4 months and I still have the SAME symptoms. I've been to my primary care who did an extensive blood work and everything came back normal. I went to the ER and they did a CT scan and everything came back normal. MRI was also done and everything came back normal.

After all that, finally my primary care diagnosed it as anxiety and prescribed me Xanax. I took the medication for weeks with no improvement. Finally, I decided to go to and ENT and he told me I possibly had a chemical imbalance in my inner ear and prescribed mecolzine. I took the mecolzine and also neomycin-polymyxin-hc ear solution for two weeks and still I have no improvement.

Also, suggested by the ENT, I had a VNG(vestibular test) conducted and tested positive for BPPV in both ears. However, in reading the symptoms for BPPV they do not match my current symptoms.

Again, my symptoms are brain fog, heavy headedness, 'drugged feeling/drowsiness, elevator type feeling in head (like a whooshing/dizzy feeling) BUT NO SPINNING

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME , PLEASE!!! I AM AT MY WIT'S END AND I JUST WANT TO CONTINUE BACK TO MY LIFE. I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY AND I AM NOT DEPRESSED. BUT NO ONE CAN GIVE ME PROPER ANSWERS.

PLEASE HELP!!!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.