Aa
A
A
A
Close
GERD (Acid Reflux) Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Accute Pancreatitis in 6 yr old Girl

Hello Doctor, my daughter is 5 years n 10 months old. In month of feb, 2008 she started complaining severe stomache, when her pain didn't settle down wid few syrups i.e. cyclopam or meftal - spas, then we take her to hospital, they admitted her n done blood tests, ultrasound,  abodomen x-rays and CT scan too. as she stated complaining severe backache too.
in her CT scan doctors found her pencreas head size is bit bulky, they called it as Pencreas mild infection. but for secrure side they did MRCP  too. everything was normal, only that infection they found. after this doctors stopped her food n water even. Daily her Blood tests done(Lipase n Amylase). when doctors stopped her food n in one day she was not having her pain. then till 5 days she didnt had nothing only on IV fluids, when her Lipase n Amylase reports gets normal then they started very light home diet only. BUT we are still worried that how we can get completely cure for her so that nothing regarding that in future arises ?

thanks & regards
Winkle
2 Responses
Hi winkle,

Pancreatitis can occur due to a number of different causes.I would like to know what your doctor said regarding the cause of pancreatitis.

Only after knowing the cause I can give some advice regarding further management.

================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.
- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
Thanks for your reply.
Actually we didn't get the answer that whats the cause of Pancreatitis.
They said its very rare to find this problem in children and may be due to having lot of outside food/junk foods. As when we consulted one of Senior Gastroenterologist/Endoscopist, he said that may be she got hurt herself on her stomach while playing at school or at home.
Sir, if u want to know her Ultrasound, CT Scan & MRCP reports then i can email you. We are really worried about the reccurence of Pancreatitis. Please advise us accordingly.

Thanks & Regards
Winkle Salaria (Father)
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem