GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

Audible bubble sounds in throat/neck area - what are they?

Like some patients of the GERD community, I've been experiencing some weird bubbly/gurgling in my throat/esophagus area.  They tend to be quite loud, and distract me from every day living (especially sleeping!) In order to fall asleep, I have to take a melatonin to knock me out.  I wake up feeling un-rested most times (guessing i must have been tossing & turning in my sleep from the noises).  I never hear these noises when I'm breathing in, so I don't believe it to be a respiratory problem.  But, I've been hearing that it could be related to acid reflux.  The thing is, is that I don't have any other symptoms of an acid refluxe (or so I think).  Don't have heartburn, don't regurgitate (maybe just once or twice, but that's been over several years).  The sounds are not burping sounds.  They happen randomly throughout the day, or when I'm hungry.  Sooo completely annoying!  

I'm a 35 yr. old woman; eat pretty healthy, but still overweight.  I'm not a smoker, a drinker, but I don't get tons of excercise - just mild excercise.  I have been known to eat spicy food, but these weird sounds don't only happen after I've eaten spicy food (fore-warned that these foods can cause reflux).  

Any advice would be great - thanks!

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

The best advice I can offer is for you to see a GI Dr....since you have the audible sounds of bubbles,,,it is possible that it is acids and it can cause damage to your esophagus and even your vocal cords....and the enamel of your teeth.....do see a GI Dr and let us know how you make out.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem