GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

GERD and exertion chest pains

I found out two months ago that I have GERD. I've been avoiding the foods that cause pain, and I've been fine. But today I went to a memorial day service and since I'm in the band, I had to stand still for an hour in jeans, two layers of shirts, in 85-90 degree weather. Halfway through the service, I got such bad pressure on my chest, it felt like someone had laid a brick on me. I found that I was taking shorter breaths than I should have, so I eventually asked if I could sit down, I drank some water, and five minutes later I felt fine and the pressure was gone. I read that this is a sign of Angina? I have a lot of heart problems from my moms side of the family- my grandpa has diabetes and a weak heart. He got a pacemaker a year ago. I just want to know what this pain was, and if Gerd alone can cause it.
Hi GERD can cause many symptoms and pains similar to other issues including the heart.With a family history, u should see ur dr and rule it out.

Good luck and do post an update : )

"selma"
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem