GERD (Acid Reflux) Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

I'm 22 with Abdomen Pain on my Lower Left Hand Side

I don't know what i have...my only real symptoms are nagging sharp lower left side abdominal pain...(left hand side) NOT THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY BODY...  but the pain is so severe i don't know what to do...i don't want to tell my parents..they always say i'm complaining about health problems..I get Dizzy, Dizziness is another symptom... the pain happens when i sit back in the computer chair...bend over....or stand up and walk...NO blood in my stool...i hardly urinate alot...every now and then...i sometimes feel like i have to do a bowel movement but when i use the restroom it never helps...pain still happens...
3 Responses
Hi,
It could be due to diverticulitis or IBD.
Consult your gastroenterologist for evaluation.
================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
I had similar symptoms about 2 years ago.  It turned out to be diverticulitis(more info here: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/diverticulitis-topic-overview).

I waited too long to see a doctor about it, and ended up rushing to the emergency room with unbelievable pain at 3am.  I was told if I had waited much longer, it could have killed me.  I was very lucky I did not need surgery.  I was treated by large amounts of antibiotics and morphine.

When I followed up with my GP a day later, he said if I had come to him when it first started, he could have simply treated me with prescriptions and I would not have needed to go to the ER (and pay $6000 for the privilege).

I am not a doctor or anything, perhaps if there is one watching this forum he or she could offer better advice.

However, given my personal experience, I would go to the doctor immediately.  I mean IMMEDIATELY.
I realize the question is an old one...but I just came across this while searching for something else. I just thought I'd put this out there...in case someone else has the same symptoms...
This may not be stomach/bowel related at all. I had the same symptoms myself...now three seperate times...and each time it was kidney stones. I won't get into my story but if I were you I would consider this.
GERD (Acid Reflux) Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem