GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

Lump in Throat

Had two scopes done, first found an insignificant hiatal hernia, second found nothing at all.  For the past month I feel as though there is a lump in my throat.  I get up in the moring feeling fine, within an hour the lump is there, it usually last until early afternoon.  By the time I go to bed it is gone.  I have been sleeping fine and not walking up with a sore throat, etc.  I do not burp after eating or have heartburn or chest pains.....any idea of the cause of this lump?  My thinking is that the hiatal hernia has gotten larger, but wouldn't I have additional symptoms?
HI and welcome to the GERD forum.

First I do not know what is meant by incidental hiatal hernia.....u may have silent reflux and without meds and watching ur diet u can feel worse.

Did ur dr put u on meds and a diet??

Have u had ur thyroid checked lately??

If ur hernia is a sliding hernia it could be the reason u feel like u have a lump......

Do call ur dr and explain ur symptoms and see what he says.

Please post an update
"selma"
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem