GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

PPI and H2 Receptor antagonists

I have a hiatus hernia.  So far the PPI and H2 receptor antagonists I have tried have caused unpleasant side effects.  Lansoprozol caused joint pain and erectile dysfunction, Ranitidine erectile dysfunction and Cimietidine diarrhoea and erectile dysfunction.

What PPIs or H2 receptor antagonists are there without these side effects, espcially the anti androgen type problems?
Unfortunately, every PPI and H2 will have side effects. Lanzoprazole (Prevacid) has a similar structure to Nexium, Protonix, Aciphex and Prilosec (all *prazole; panto-, ome-, esome-, rabe-...) so you may experience the same side effects from all, though you'll only really know by trying them out.

The other two you mentioned are H2-inhibitors, and similarly, they'll probably have similar side effects. However, the only way to know is via personal trial.

You may also want to explore the possibility of using Reglan, though it does tend to have a higher incidence of side effects, so be warned.

Discuss with your doctor what other options are available to you, such as hernia-repair surgery (Nissen Fundoplication).

Good luck.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem